The Friendship Centre is a hub for community connection. We work hard to connect all members of the community to the resources that are available.
Mission and Mandate:
To promote friendship and understanding between all citizens of the South Peace River District.
To provide counselling, information, guidance, recreational, and educational programming for the comfort and betterment of Dawson Creek and area.
To encourage greater participation of people of Indigenous origin in community affairs and activities with a goal of strengthening mutual understanding.
To encourage and promote community development.
New website: www.nawican.ca is coming soon!
Mental Health & Addictions
We offer support for the following:
- Counselling via phone, Zoom conferencing, FaceTime, or in-person by appointment
- Treatment program referral
- Redpath Addiction Treatment program
- Support groups
Employment & Life Skills Training
We offer support with the following:
- Employment services, work ticketing, resume support by phone or in-person by appointment
- W.O.L.F. Programs (Women/Warriors Obtaining Lifelong Foundations)