Please email us at [email protected]
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Indigenous Justice Centre (IJC) in Prince George is staffed with a lawyer and offers legal services to Indigenous people in the community who otherwise cannot access it (they may not be eligible for Legal Aid, for a variety of reasons, or need legal advice on matters not covered by Legal Aid).
The Prince George IJC also has a community outreach coordinator working with Nations and local service providers to maintain accurate, up-to-date information on programs, eligibility criteria, wait lists and more for programming that may be of interest to our clients.
The Prince George IJC can also assist with reintegration services for people coming back into community from correctional institutions.
Call or come in and meet with our community outreach coordinator, who will help you decide what services are appropriate for you. It could be:
- An appointment with Legal Aid
- A meeting with our lawyer
- Advocacy and support for dealing with the Ministry of Children & Family Development
- A liaison to help you get support from your First Nations Band
- Creating a restorative justice program that works for you