PLEASE NOTE: Our Prince George IJC is in a new location @ 511 George St, Prince George, BC V2L 1R8
The Indigenous Justice Centre (IJC) in Prince George offers legal services to Indigenous people in the community who otherwise cannot access it. They may not be eligible for Legal Aid for a variety of reasons, or need legal advice on matters not covered by Legal Aid.
The Prince George IJC is a diverse team providing services to the surrounding communities, with an in house Community Outreach Coordinator working with Nations and local service providers to maintain accurate, up-to-date information on each program, eligibility criteria, waitlists and more for programming that may be of interest to our clients.
Come in and meet with our staff, and they will work to help you decide what services are appropriate for you.
Some of the services could be the following:
- An appointment with Legal Aid
- A meeting with our lawyer
- Advocacy and support for dealing with the Ministry of Children & Family Development
- A liaison to help you get support from your First Nations Band
- Creating a restorative justice program that works for you
Prince George IJC Service Area
- Nazko First Nation
- Lhtako Dené Nation
- Lheidli T’enneh First Nation
- McLeod Lake Indian Band
- Saik’uz First Nation
- Nadleh Whut’en
- Kwadacha Nation
- Tsay Keh Dene Nation
- Yekooche First Nation
- Takla Lake First Nation
- T’laz’ten Nation
- Nak’azdli Whut’en First Nation
The Prince George IJC has an active group of Elders who are available to spend time with the clients and staff for advice or general support.